Below is a repository of the open source projects our students have written over the years. You’re welcome to download any of them for your use.
You can also contribute code as a developer, provide feedback as an end user, or even suggest new projects for our students to develop at future events. Contact us and let us know what interests you.
Featured Project: Lunar Tabs
Lunar Tabs is a guitar tab reader built from the ground up to be designed with accessibility in mind. Lunar Tabs takes as input an electronic guitar tab in a well- structured format and generates a sequence of text instructions for playing the piece that are then fed into a user’s screen reader. A person who is blind could use Lunar Tabs to learn any song they wanted by harnessing the giant tab libraries online.
Most Downloaded Projects
- LunarTabs – Lunar Tabs converts electronic guitar tabs to a screen-reader friendly format.
- LunarTuner – An accessible music instrument tuner.
- Orb Binary Input Game – A video game that requires only a binary input to play.
- Orbit Binary Input Game – A video game that requires only a binary input to play.
- Word Predictor – Allow users with limited mobility to be able to more accurately and quickly input text into a computer.
- Accessible Flash Cards – A multi-platform flashcard solution for persons with cognitive/learning disabilities
- Power Reader – A text reader and learning tool for the dyslexic.
- Web-Based Social Stories – A Social Stories Template Creator Website for Teachers to help children with Autism
- Binary input for GNOME Caribou – Caribou is a text entry and UI navigation application being developed as an alternative to the GNOME On-screen Keyboard.
- Sign Language Recognizer – Translates sign language into text in real time.
- AudioGuardian – A mobile sounds notifier for persons with hearing impairments.
- Barcode Reader – A mobile barcode reader
- Color Reader – A project to help colorblind persons identify colors.
- GPS-Based Child Tracker – A mobile/website integrated solution that allows a parent to track a child carrying a mobile phone.
- Mobile Bus Route Tracker – A mobile app that uses GPS and mass-transit route data to notify the user their stop is approaching.
- Mobile Currency Reader – A mobile application that recognizes various forms of currency.
- Mobile Map Magnifier – Map magnifier for person with visual disability
- Accessible Music Streaming – Accessible Interface for popular music streaming services
- Audio Preview for Venues – A website that simulates the listening experience from various locations in a concert venue.
- Accessible Kinect Game – Kinect-based game playable by person with a disability
- Accessible Mobile Chess – A chess game playable on a mobile phone by a person with a visual disability
- Accessible Sudoku – Web-based Sudoku game accessible by desktop screen-reader
- Audio-Based Game – A mobile device application that is a game playable by persons with an auditory or a vision disabilities.
- Haptic Mobile Game – Accessible mobile game that utilizes phone’s haptic capability as game mechanic
- Website Accessibility Checker – Firefox Extension – An accessibility firefox extension.
- Accessible Facebook – A project to make Facebook more accessible to those using a screen reader.
- Accessible Twitter Client – A Twitter client that is accessible to those with vision impairment.
- AxsJAX Scripts – Inject standards-compliant accessibility into web pages. Currently includes scripts for Facebook, Wikipedia and Web Sudoku.
- Community Captioner – An open source, community-driven online video closed captioning tool
- Map Search – Wheelchair Ramps and Accessible Parking Spots – A community driven google mapplet to annotate addresses with accessibility information.
- Multi-Client Instant Messaging – A web based accessible multi-IM client
- Accessible Website Builder – An accessible website builder that builds accessible websites.