Our project concept is an open source, community-driven online video closed captioning tool. This tool will help people with hearing impairments experience the wealth of online "Web 2.0" media content available today that lacks captions. This project is currently scoped to www.YouTube.com but it aims to ultimately allow captioning of all types of online media.
- At the most recent SS12 we ran in to some issues making CC work for any arbitrary site with video content. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this kind of auto-find-embeds work please email us!
- Some features not yet implemented fully
- FLV load issues
- Implement current design fully
- Investigate upgrading DB design
- Fully implement webservices
- Expand functionality to include sites other than youtube.com and allow for automatic and user taught "embed-finding".
Ely Lerner (Lead)
Concept Provided by