A sign language is a language which, instead of acoustically conveyed sound patterns,uses visually transmitted sign patterns to fluidly express a speaker's thoughts. With recent advances in Computer Vision, Sign Language Recognition offers great potential as a unique form of interaction between computer and a human user. This project is an effort to build an assistive tool to make computers more accessible to people.
- Maintaining database of features ( synching features).
- Training / Incremental.
- Framework to add Multiple Techniques / Voting / Support.
- Well Documented/Structured to encourage Open Source Development
See Google Code Repository
Google Code Repository
- Hardware/ Software Compatibility Issues
- Illuminance Changes in real-time stream input.
- 2-D transformations/calculation on inherently 3-D objects.
- Non availability of robust open source implementation of ML Techniques.
- Gesture Recognition in real-time is hard !!
- All type of gesture recognition, esp, moving gestures. – Difficult
- Combinations of Facial & Hand Expressions. – Moderately Difficult.
- Our system in current form can be adapted to it, with appropriate dataset.
- Using sign language as shortcuts to various applications & functionality. – Very Easy!
- Integrate with Mobile Devices to help disabled to communicate in normal/emergency situations. – Easy but very relevant.
- Marank Misra
- Ankit Sharma
- Anurag Biyani
- Parth Patel
- Umang Jain
- Prakhar Garg
- Nishkam Agrawal